What is Eudora Mail?
Eudora Mail is a desktop-based Email client that is developed by an American software engineer Steve Dorner in 1988. Later it was acquired by Qualcomm in 1991. Eudora Mail is configured by using IMAP/POP and SMTP protocols. The data of Eudora Mail is saved in the MBOX file using .mbx (generally) extension at last.
Location of Eudora mail file in your system
POP Server: c:\user\username\AppData\Roaming\Qualcomm\Eudora
IMAP Server: c:\user\username\AppData\Roaming\Qualcomm\Eudora\IMAP\dominant
Note: Eudora Installation or setting provides to set save location as you want.
Operating Systems of Eudora Mail
Eudora Mail is made for using with Windows OS, Classis Mac OS, Mac OS X, and Linux Operating Systems.
Some useful Features of Eudora —
- Has a free version to use.
- It has a quick search option.
- Users can use labels to organize their messages.
- It can use for managing multiple POP and IMAP accounts.
- Boss watch features can be used to avoid sending emails to the boss.
Last update of Eudora Mail
The last Qualcomm version of Eudora was 188.8.131.52 and it was released in the way back 2006. Since then the company had made no updates to it. On the other hand, Microsoft makes regular updates to Outlook, that's why many people now days look for Exporting data from Eudora Mail to Outlook.
Reason for shifting to Outlook
- Eudora fails to provide security to the data of users. Whereas Outlook provides the security of data to some extent.
- Another reason is the interface of Outlook is simple and user-friendly whereas the interface of Eudora is not so user-friendly.
- Outlook provides many other useful features in its and its regular updating make it favorite as against Eudora.
- As you see the last update of Eudora was in 2006, this all makes Eudora an outdated Email client that why people are shifting towards MS Outlook.
Manual Method to convert Eudora MBOX to PST
The manual procedure to Migrate Eudora to Outlook is hard and not safe. The risk of losing important data is high in manual method, so I don't recommend you to go with this. But if you want to try a manual technique you can follow these steps -
The Manual Method is divided into two parts -
- Export Eudora Mail to Outlook Express.
- Import Outlook Express mailbox to MS Outlook.
» Export Eudora to Outlook Express.
- Step1- Download and open Outlook Express Application in your system.
- Step2- Now choose the File option and select the Import message option.
- Step3- Then click on the Eudora Pro/Light option and hit the next button.
- Step4- Navigate to the location where Eudora file is saved in your system - (C:\Documents and Settings\(local account name)\Application Data\Qualcomm\Eudora.)
- Step5- Once you select the essential folder press the Next button.
- Step6- Now close the Tab by clicking Finish Tab.
Here the first part to transfer Eudora Mail to Outlook is completed, now let's move to the second part.
» Import Outlook Express mailbox to MS Outlook.
- Step1- Open the MS Outlook in your system.
- Step2- Click on File tab on the upper left corner.
- Step3- Select Import & Export option.
- Step4- After that select Outlook Express 4.x, 5.x, 6.x and make sure that Import Address Book and Import Mail & checkboxes are selected.
- Step5- Then Hit the Next button >> select folder you want to import in Outlook.
- Step6- The last step is to click on Finish.
Following these steps, you can import data of Eudora to Outlook, but as you see that manual procedure for Eudora to PST conversion is lengthy and hard. Apart from this manual method, it has many drawbacks like it is not a risk-free method for conversion. So I recommend you to go with the Third-Party tool.